By: Steve McCurry
IN THE SHADOW OF MOUNTAINS is a new collection of sublime portraits, landscapes, and street photography taken by Steve McCurry over the last 27 years. Children and shepherds, warriors and laborers are presented alongside striking views of sandstone cities, mountainous landscapes, and ancient temples. Evocative and timeless, these lyrical images capture the enduring spirit, grandeur, and beauty of the land that lies at the foot of the Hindu Kush. McCurry's photographs capture human experience and transcend boundaries of language and culture.
About the Author
Steve McCurry (b. 1950) launched his career as a photojournalist when, disguised in native garb, he crossed the Pakistan border into Afghanistan before the Russian invasion. His coverage won him the Robert Capa Gold Medal, which is awarded to photographers who exhibit exceptional courage and enterprise. Famous also for his work in Southeast Asia, McCurry's photographs are beautiful, uplifting, and powerful. McCurry has worked for NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC magazine for many years and is a member of the prestigious Magnum agency. He lives in New York.
Hardcover: 140 pages
Publisher: Phaidon Press; First Edition edition (November 1, 2007)
Product Dimensions: 25.7 x 1.5 x 30 cm
Shipping Weight: 1.5 kg
- JNE, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at JNE
- FEDEX International Economy, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at FEDEX
- Regular Parcel by Post Office, up to 30 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at Post Office