By Peter Essick
In this exquisitely photographed and affordable keepsake book, esteemed National Geographic photographer Peter Essick pays tribute to Ansel Adams and the craggy California Sierra Nevada wilderness area named in his honor. Like Adams, Essick aims to instill respect for the awesome yet fragile beauty of the High Sierras; the stunning images in this book reinterpret this powerful landscape through the modern lens of digital photography. Interspersed with illuminating words from prominent naturalists and conservationists, these photographs offer a new view of one of the country's most timeless and striking national parks. Elegant and evocative, this modern tribute to one of photography's greatest masters will be treasured by camera buffs and nature lovers alike.
About the Author
PETER ESSICK was named by Outdoor Photography magazine as one of the world's 40 most influential nature photographers; his focus for the past two decades has been to document human impact on development and the enduring power of the land. Essick's photographs have been exhibited worldwide and he has won numerous awards.
Hardcover: 112 pages
Publisher: National Geographic; First edition. edition (April 15, 2014)
Product Dimensions: 26 x 1.5 x 22 cm
Shipping Weight: 1.5 kg
- JNE, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at JNE
- FEDEX International Economy, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at FEDEX
- Regular Parcel by Post Office, up to 30 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at Post Office